Many people worry about wearing braces because they dislike the idea of having a flashy silver smile. If you are among those who don’t like the look of traditional metal braces, clear braces could be the right solution for you. These appliances use clear or tooth-colored brackets to make the presence of brackets less noticeable.
Are Clear Braces the Same Thing as Invisalign?
Many people call Invisalign clear braces. However, this is incorrect; Invisalign isn’t braces at all, but rather aligners.
Clear braces genuinely are braces. They have brackets and wires and work just like any other type of braces will.
What Advantages Do Clear Braces Offer?
All orthodontic appliances have their unique advantages. For clear braces, these include:
- A more attractive appearance
- The ability to prevent treatment from being a major focus of others
- Feeling more confident
- Getting quality results even with more difficult orthodontic corrections.
Of course, there are disadvantages as well, such as:
- They cost more than traditional braces
- The brackets can discolor if not properly cared for
- Ceramic tooth-colored braces can break more easily than other types of brackets
Ultimately, there is a lot to consider when selecting an appliance. Schedule your consultation to find out if clear brackets are a good solution for you.